Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default PAT

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:52:04 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Resolved - one of the committee has a husband who has access to a recently
PAT Tested and stickered lead for the event.

I think it is all about just keeping people happy.

I suppose the presenter was trying to avoid any blame if a faulty lead had
been provided due to her requiring one for the presentation. Avoiding
liability by being seen to be taking every step to ensure safety.

Seemed an overkill.

If a faulty lead had been provided and the equipment used was class 1,
the lady would have been at a much higher level of risk, in fact the
risk may be a certainty of shock or electrocution if the circumstances
were right.

Taking every reasonable step to ensure safety isn't an overkill at
all. It's to be expected and anything else is negligence.

Methinks the lady would be better off finding other venues if what
should be normal adherence to current practices is "overkill".

I hope for everyones sake the heating to the hall isn't by gas!!

AB