Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default PAT

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:39:58 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 12:39:02 +0000
Bill Wright wrote:

On 14/03/2019 05:08, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

The three doesn't mean 3kW you know.

That must take the prize for the silliest post of the year.

Indeed - I have an extension lead with a 3A fuse fitted (and I have
written on the plug and the socket "3A fuse fitted") I don't think
this would be good for a 3kW load.

On the contrary, it's an excellent plan for a 3kW load. Unless of
course the cable is rated at 3kW coiled of course.

Have you seen a 13A fused 50metre extention that has supplied a 3kW
load?

It tends to lack that "just off Wickes shelf" look :-)

AB