Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:20:30 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk wrote:

I put a paving slab on them which prevents this, but only if I

remember
which I didn't yesterday.

What a standard 2' x 3' x 2" paving slab? They are almost glued to
the ground as far as I'm concerned, let alone hoiking one up onto a
wheelie bin! Use a smaller rock and get into the habit of always
putting it on.

On the topic of wheelie bins, are we alone in having dustmen that look
inside and will just take the bag if it's tied, rather than tip the
whole bin ? Does it save time ?

I'd say! The wheels of the wagon barely stop revolving when they pick
up our blue bag (only wheelie bin is garden waste). Wagon slows
almost to a stop next to the bag, operative hops out, lobs, tightly
knotted, replacement bag onto drive, wagon pulls forward as operative
picks up bag, back of wagon arrives, bag lobbed in, operative jogs to
front of wagon, gets in, off they go. A wheelie bin might be just
leaving the ground in the same time...

--
Cheers
Dave.