Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

On 15/03/2019 16:55, R D S wrote:
####ing wind!

I'm sick of finding a wheelie bin on it's arse, empty, contents strewn
everywhere.

I put a paving slab on them which prevents this, but only if I remember
which I didn't yesterday.

So has anyone come up with a more 'set and forget' solution?

I'd buy/build a housing but we've two at the moment and the council are
threatening us with a third so waiting to see how that plays out.

Has anyone screwed part of a paving slab to the bottom? You'd need to
place the slab inside, then screw through the base of the bin into the
slab, with very large washers to spread the load.

There could be safety issues, as the empty bins will be heavier than the
binmen expect.