Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Vaillant repair pricing

On 15/03/2019 14:33, Robin wrote:
On 15/03/2019 14:06, GB wrote:

It seems a no-brainer to go for the D&G option, then cancel after the
6 months.Â* What am I missing?

ISTM a key difference is that Vaillant's price is (patently) for a fault
you already have, D&G's price is for insurance which (as usual) doesn't
cover pre-existing faults.

I have no idea how (if at all) D&G enforce the exclusion.

For me it was explained by Valliant as their price was single fault fix
including all spares except main heat exchanger whereas D&G was 6 months
cover all parts including main heat exchanger.
As my boiler was about 16 years old and primary H/E was a possible
culprit I went D&G they replaced almost everything except fan and
circuit board. Had a new pump, diverter valve, primary and DHW Heat
exchangers, insualtion, and a good 12 hours or more man hours due to
bits not fitting etc.

Got a renewal letter just before the 6 months was up with a renewal
premium which would go up to £50 a month. Obviously I declined and
cancelled the D.D.

It really is a no-brainer.