Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

On 15/03/2019 16:55, R D S wrote:
####ing wind!

I'm sick of finding a wheelie bin on it's arse, empty, contents strewn
everywhere.

I put a paving slab on them which prevents this, but only if I remember
which I didn't yesterday.

So has anyone come up with a more 'set and forget' solution?

Tell me about it.
I've tried without success to find a "sweet" spot out of the vortex. My
bins and the next-door neighbour's bins always blow over but
next-door-but-one's never do. If I could only put our back gardens in a
smoke filled wind tunnel and see what's going on here....

I've bought some webbing with ratchet tensioning and plan to put a few
eye bolts into the wall and lash the bins to that but -erme- it's a bit
too windy to do that at the moment!

I'd buy/build a housing but we've two at the moment and the council are
threatening us with a third so waiting to see how that plays out.

Tell me about it.
But here in Kirklees the third bin is optional and for garden waste and
I recycle all of mine. The leafy stuff gets composted and the woody
stuff gets processed throughout the summer to make it suitable for
burning indoors during the next winter.

Nick