Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demolition Breaker

On 15/03/2019 17:04, RJH wrote:
On 15/03/2019 16:45, ss wrote:
On 15/03/2019 15:49, Tim+ wrote:
I once broke up a similar area with just a sledge hammer. If you can
lever
up a bit with a pick axe to create a tiny space underneath, its not
that
hard to break up, and very satisfying.;-)

+1
I used a mixture of SDS plus with chisel and levering up and smacking
with a large sledge hammer took me about 2 or 3 days for a similar size.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have SDSd and couple of small areas, just to see how thick the slab
is. It was much harder work than I thought it'd be. The chisel bit
didn't manage to break the concrete, so a series of holes and cold chisel.

But I think I'll try the sledge hammer approach - I think a mate has one
I can borrow. Much as I'd like a new toy :-)

I can assure you that a conctete saw will reduce 4" slab to liftable
strips in minutes

"Saki"