Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demolition Breaker

On 15/03/2019 16:01, Brian Reay wrote:

A drill and a breaker are different beasts. While some SDS drills have a
nominal breaker function (ie you can have the hammer action without the
rotary action), I doubt they are intended for serious breaking. For
example, taking down a brick wall is far less demanding than breaking a
concrete slab.

Very true.

I have tackled stuff with a 2kg SDS and you can make progress.

But when I borrowed a full sized jackhammer off a builder, I demolished
a couple of 4" "farmers" concrete slabs in literally a couple of
minutes, leaving me to pick up a lot of small sized bits and stick them
in the skip.

--
Email does not work