Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Vaillant repair pricing

On 15/03/2019 15:23, Robin wrote:
On 15/03/2019 14:33, Robin wrote:
On 15/03/2019 14:06, GB wrote:
Very odd servicing options from Vaillant.

They do a fixed price repair for £311. This covers most parts,
excluding the expensive bits like the big circular heat exchanger and
the expansion vessel. (Why not the expansion vessel? It's not that
expensive, surely?)

Or for £312 they do 6 months cover from Domestic & General. This
covers any repairs needed during the 6 months, up to £1500 total,
including the initial repair.

It seems a no-brainer to go for the D&G option, then cancel after the
6 months.Â* What am I missing?

ISTM a key difference is that Vaillant's price is (patently) for a
fault you already have, D&G's price is for insurance which (as usual)
doesn't cover pre-existing faults.

I have no idea how (if at all) D&G enforce the exclusion.

talking to 'er indoors made me realise I may have misunderstood what is
meant when the Repair & Care plan has "If we can't fix your initial
fault, we'll refund any monies paid up until that point".Â* I'd taken
that to mean "the first fault after you sign up for the cover".Â* But I
agree it could mean "the fault that led you to sign up".Â* If so, it
looks the better buy - but I'm underwhelmed by the absence of any
obvious way to see the detailed T&Cs.

Well, Vaillant certainly know there's a fault. They even know the fault
code. F61.