Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Fence post mounting

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 21:35:11 +0000, Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

Another thought is to use concrete repair spurs set in concrete, with
the posts bolted to these. There are some repaired posts in the garden
like this already - they've been there 20+ years and and rock solid.

This is what I used to repair a 7ft high fence which catches the wind
as it comes around the building. The original wooden posts set in
concrete had rotted and broken (albeit after 20 years)

Any thoughts on concreting these in? I can't believe one bag of
postcrete is enough for a 1.6m high fence on 3m spaced posts.
Is postcrete a compromise over using a real cement mix?
If so, what's a good volume per post, and what concrete mix?

I used Postcrete on the advice of a builder. One bag did one post. It
has lasted for a few years so far and enabled me to continue to use
the old fenceposts (sound above the rotten base) which I attached to
the concrete posts using stainless steel rod rather than coach bolts.