Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for a leak

Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , Mr Pounder Esquire
writes
John Rumm wrote:
So far all the normal tricks don't seem to be doing it!

Short version:

There is a leak somewhere in my central heating system - its losing
pressure regularly, and needs topping up with at least a couple of
litres a day.

Snip. Not being rude.
I was losing water. The loop valve was not turned off properly, even though
it looked okay.

Further news on my leak.

Isolating the floors showed the leak was upstairs! Slight wet patch
showing below the manifold cover.

Water drip from the *plumber fitted* mixer valve! Basically the threaded
spigot on the valve was too short to seal against the fibre washer
inside the 22mm coupler. The joint was garmed up with plumbers mait.

Agricultural solution plus lots of ptfe tape...... we'll see how it
goes.

Could you just saw a few mm off the nut?

--

Roger Hayter