Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] paul.mccann@deskcity.ie is offline

Default Fence post mounting

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 11:36:36 PM UTC, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Thursday, 14 March 2019 21:35:14 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Any thoughts on concreting these in?

Andrew Gabriel, is that really you?

Over the countless years I've been on this group I don't think I recall ever seeing a question from you - you've always been the one helping others! :-)

(And, apologies, no advice from me to offer other than I've heard nothing but good things about Postcrete and that it generally is considered perfect for its job and not worth trying to improve upon, even when it is an issue of quantity)

Installing a rabbit proof fence about 30 years ago we used pressure treated timber for the posts but ran short for the last 3 posts where we used atandard round posts. Having given up on the vegetable gardening 20 years later I decided to remove the fence posts. Every pressure treated post came out as new and in fact I reused them but the atandard posts had all rotted at ground level. We get these posts from a manufacturer of telegraph poles so they are the genuine pukka article.
I dont believe in setting timber posts in holes back filled with cement The timber wille inevitable shrink away freom the concrete and allow water in.