Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Fence post mounting

On 15/03/2019 07:19, harry wrote:

The problem is even worse now, wood preservatives are such crap these days.
The fencing spikes are the best solution to rot I find. Plus give the ends of the posts a good soak in creocote/similar.
In exposed situations, braces at 90deg. to the fence run are the best solution if you can fit them in.
OR
https://www.tekplas.co.uk/shop/pvc-f... AEgJXh_D_BwE

I had reasonable success with delaying the rot in wooden posts by taking
the concrete used secure in the ground to above the soil level. IMO the
mistake most people make is to put in the postcrete/concrete and then
fill the rest of the hole with soil. The post always rots at a soil/air
boundary.