Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

In article 636aae44-ec2f-46c3-8e0c-47c2adf12c39
@googlegroups.com, says...

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 17:45:34 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

Sorry but I don't get it. its a safety feature and we have just won the
right to get all electric vehicles given a sound which cannot be turned off.

Let the owner choose the sound -

What's the matter with the sound of a traditional electric
vehicle - a trolleybus - and yes, they did make a sound - and
still do, as a visit to Sandtoft will demonstrate:

http://www.sandtoft.org.uk/

It's a distinctive sound, which helps to remind pedestrians
that they can accelerate much faster than their diesel engined
cousins.

--

Terry

---