Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

On 15/03/2019 00:16, Steve Walker wrote:

For electric cars, I would suggest the sound of ... a normal car! People
have been brought up for all their lives to recognise the sound of and
the danger of cars. Using different sounds may well mean that people
don't immediately recognise the danger. Even after decades of electric
car use, if just any sound is allowed, people will be having to look at
every noise or will be ignoring most of them.

The beeping sound made by vehicles reversing could be made the same as
the beeping sound made at pedestrian crossings to indicate that it's
safe to cross. I'm sure that would help the bling person waiting a
crossing alongside the mobility jockey manoeuvring his mode of transport
into position to use the same crossing.