Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default led floodlight

PIR separate is the way to go. So many folk round here seem to have them
inbuilt and apparently many can follow the path of the local fox as it moves
from garden to garden. grin.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:01:49 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I'm after a recommendation for a LED floodlight with inbuilt PIR BUT
with the additional override function - the type where the mains supply
to the light can be turned on-off-on within a short period so the the
light remains on until the mains is again turned off.

Friends have purchased two lights hoping they had this function but have
found that there is no override of the PIR timing function. 10W or 20W
will meet the requirement to light a maximum 10m area. Light pollion
for neighbours and passing planes will not be problem,

For mine I fitted a 2-gang plate, 1 switch for the PIR and 1 for
direct-on.
Rand 3+E, with 1 wire to the lamp.
This gives me a local Off switch, but it could be done with a single 2-way
switch, one way via PIR and the other to the lamp. Needs another way of
fully off.
Note: my PIRs are seperate from the luminaires.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away