Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Fence post mounting

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Another thought is to use concrete repair spurs set in concrete, with
the posts bolted to these. There are some repaired posts in the garden
like this already - they've been there 20+ years and and rock solid.

Any thoughts on concreting these in? I can't believe one bag of
postcrete is enough for a 1.6m high fence on 3m spaced posts.
Is postcrete a compromise over using a real cement mix?
If so, what's a good volume per post, and what concrete mix?

I built a pergola last year, and used

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concrete-Bolt-Grip-Fence-Supports/dp/B00QIUEJB2

I decided that the metal to be embedded was a little short, so
dug the hole big enough to stand them on a couple of old bricks,
embedding the whole lot in 1.5 bags of postcrete.

Being a structure, I suppose I am more concerned with the whole
lot lifting/ pulling out, rather than blowing over.

I also have some timber posts for a trellis that I postcreted in
about 6 years ago, and are still in good condition.

There seems to be a product data sheet and calculation tool he

https://tarmac-bluecircle.co.uk/product/postcrete-trade/

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK