Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bitrex bitrex is offline

Default dual-dual potentiometer failure?

On 03/14/2019 10:36 PM, bitrex wrote:
On 03/14/2019 03:52 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 12:20:27 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
On 03/14/2019 08:26 AM,
wrote:

Behringer is known as the "Pep Boys"of studio equipment.

A mechanical impact to the knob may be a common factor that damaged
both channels of the pot.

I think we might have our suspect, here. I took a closer look at the
pots and I overlooked it initially. It's subtle but the metal housings
of both have some slight bending/warping that the other, more recessed
pots don't. Looks very much like impact damage to me.

I'll swap them out and see what happens.

Like it was in a rack that tipped over forward onto the floor or
something, and those two big knobs that jut out took the brunt of it.