Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:44:33 -0700, dr.s.lartius wrote:

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 17:45:34 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is not the reversing noise there for persons like myself who are blind
and might not know you were reversing?

Sorry but I don't get it. its a safety feature and we have just won the
right to get all electric vehicles given a sound which cannot be turned
off.

Good - I was thinking of suggesting it to someone. The sound should be
controlled by an ambient-noise microphone so that a person with elderly
but functional hearing will be able to hear the sound at a suitable
distance, perhaps depending on the speed/direction of the vehicle. This
noise will help the sighted too - having seen a parked car, they may by
force of habit think it safe to walk behind the car while looking for
hazards elsewhere.

Let the owner choose the sound - I'd favour portions of the Grand March
from Aida, the Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves, the Overture to Tannhauser,
or of course The Padstow Lifeboat and the Entry of the Gladiators or Der
alte Brummbaer. YMMV.

I'd use what I have as my text message alert.

A Benjamin Horn klaxon.