Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Annual Spring Cautionary Post

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 7:17:17 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 5:25:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 13:17:35 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 9:08:05 AM UTC-4, tabby wrote:

though not all fact. You forgot another popular nasty: nails. Standing on up-pointing nails is one of those activities that's not great fun either.

Can't remember the last time I wore sandals and/or went barefoot rooting through a dumpster, barn, cellar, basement or other such location of unknown antecedents. And when in that mode, usually a very good flashlight, insect repellent, and often a hard-hat. The nail sticking through the floor above, or the nail sticking out of a joist is no fun at all.

Another demonstration that Common Sense isn't.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Up-pointing nails often go through ordinary shoes & boots well enough. Anyone scavenging anything ought to know that.

NT

Tabby:

I, too, can describe any of dozens of catastrophic conditions combined with a fundamental lack of common sense that will give bad results. Such a list would run to the point where eyes start to glaze over, and the basic message will be lost.

The basic message is: Be Careful. Be Aware.

Do poisonous snakes like curling up in old radio speakers in barns?