Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default led floodlight

On 14/03/2019 22:15, alan_m wrote:
On 14/03/2019 22:00, PeterC wrote:

For mine I fitted a 2-gang plate, 1 switch for the PIR and 1 for
direct-on.
Rand 3+E, with 1 wire to the lamp.
This gives me a local Off switch, but it could be done with a single
2-way
switch, one way via PIR and the other to the lamp. Needs another way of
fully off.
Note: my PIRs are seperate from the luminaires.

Not an ideal solution. This will be going into a freinds' rented
property where and changes to the electrics cannot be DIY.

You are not making a new circuit, and even covering the same path as the
old cable. You are allowed to 'extend' circuits in your own home, or as
far as I know even a rented one.

I have often wondered if between tenants, as an owner occupier, you
could carry out work that would normally need a certificate!