Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Anyone ever speeded up a stairlift?

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 23:07:58 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 14/03/2019 22:57, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:24:42 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 14/03/2019 22:12, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their stairlift
to get there quicker. For goodness sake, they're either trying to
answer the door, or get to the loo before they wet themselves, and the
thing runs at less than half a mile an hour. Are they powered by
hamsters or something?

Youtube always has the answers
https://youtu.be/wK30R1gsgGk?t=92

Ah, one of my favourite films :-)
Not that I have an evil streak or anything ;-)

Are you 10 years old?

Or just that level of maturity?

Actually it was a genuine question. I know several old people and they all get fed up of waiting a few minutes to get to the top or bottom of the stairs, when someone's knocked on the door and will have left by the time they get there, or they need to get to the toilet urgently, and wet themselves before they arrive. The current models of stairlifts are absolutely pitiful. I'm not asking for them to go at absurd speeds, perhaps just the speed a person would walk? Every one I've seen is more the speed a baby would crawl.