Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

On 12/03/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/03/2019 18:48, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/03/2019 18:43, alan_m wrote:
On 12/03/2019 17:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is not the reversing noise there for persons like myself who are
blind and
might not know you were reversing?

Sorry but I don't get it. its a safety feature and we have just won the
right to get all electric vehicles given a sound which cannot be
turned off.
Â* Brian

FFS are we going to get sound pollution from all the electric cars
reversing in/out of driveways at silly o'clock every day?

No they are going to make a noise when moving in either direction,
just like cars with engines do.

I have no idea what the deaf blind are going to do when stupid drivers
hit them.

Probably the same as they do now. They get hurt.

They are not going to see or hear you no matter how many warning lights
or buzzers you fit to a car.

Yes but people that know how to drive take these things into account,
the stupid don't.

IIRC about 10% of drivers are deaf but some people still think sounding
horns will get a reaction from everyone.