Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identify IC ?

John Robertson wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

UA/LM741 was a common regulator back then and came in a 14 pin DIP,

** Huh ??

Surely you mean the uA/LM723 adjustable regulator.

The LM741 is a most famous op-amp.

Thanks Phil, of course I meant the 723. That is why you should never
post after an evening of wine...

** Back in the early 1970s, I put together a bench PSU for myself using an LM723 plus 2N3055 pass transistor.

The 723 was in the then common TO100 round, gold lead pak.

https://gridchoice.com/shop/can-type...-to100-10.html

I still have and use the PSU.

With the addition of a few upgrades, it does 2.2 to 20V at 2 amps with continuously variable current limit from 100mA up.

..... Phil