Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default PAT

On 10/03/2019 22:13, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/03/2019 13:13, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Just check the cable and then tell her it's been PAT tested. Print a
label off the internet (there's loads) and stick it on the thing if you
can be bothered.

Bill

I thought all the idiots on the NG were taken up by Brexit.

The PAT test for extension leads comprises:
Test insulation resistance and polarity.
Visual check.

Anyone could do that, except possibly a remainer idiot.

Did you really have to bring that into the issue? It may be obvous to
say it but - wanting to leave the EU or not doesn't have anything to
do with PAT. It makes me wonder why I should listen to anything you
say (well I don't much).

As with anyone in the group, with time you get to learn which posters
have useful knowledge on which topics.

However I suspect in this case most are having a sense of humour failure!

--
Cheers,

John.