Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Default PAT

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:42:30 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

My wife has arranged a speaker for her WI Group at the Church Hall.

The speaker has asked for a PAT Tested Extension Lead for her projector.

I can't see why - other than to avoid any responsibility if a faulty lead
was provided. Surely her equipment could not be damaged.

A lead is provided by the Church Hall - we, as users, have no idea if it is
PAT Tested.

Not sure what to get my wife to say to the speaker.

I have not ruled out that the lead may be PAT tested - not easy to check
right now.

...but what responsibility is it of the speaker?

Doesn't the WI group have their own projector that could be used? If
not, the speaker should provide her own extension lead if she's
worried.
--
Dave W