Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default PAT

On 10/03/2019 20:06, Robert wrote:
On 10/03/2019 18:29, wrote:
On Sunday, 10 March 2019 12:42:33 UTC, DerbyBornÂ* wrote:
My wife has arranged a speaker for her WI Group at the Church Hall.
The speaker has asked for a PAT Tested Extension Lead for her projector.

She'll be bringing the PAT Testing certificate for the projector with
her (with the test person's competency certificate and the calibration
certificate for the test machine used)?

Owain

I dont believe there is any requirement to actually label portable
equipment with a "PAT tested " label or even keep a register of devices
tested. It does help in providing an audit trail if it becomes necessary
though

No but a lot of places like to see stickers. My main client has a fairly
large office and they have a contractor around for a couple of hours
every weekday morning who does free tests for anyone who asks. (You do
have to get past security).