Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for a leak

On 09/03/2019 20:31, Richard wrote:
On 09/03/2019 20:04, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 March 2019 19:56:59 UTC, Roger MillsĀ* wrote:
On 09/03/2019 18:25, John Rumm wrote:

So far all the normal tricks don't seem to be doing it!

Short version:

There is a leak somewhere in my central heating system - its losing
pressure regularly, and needs topping up with at least a couple of
litres a day.

Do you have a means of isolating individual zones - in order to narrow
down the problem area? I'd be surprised if you didn't have strategically
located quarter turn valves for the purpose.

all of which have seized beyond all hope.

Your optimism is boundless

I installed full bore isolating lever valves for each section, in part
because I installed the system in stages over a year. By about 2 years
later, they were all seized on. These valves only work if exercised
regularly. The two that came with the boiler's system kit did seem to
last significantly longer, so it could be a quality issue.

--
Andrew