Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Opening a 2wire 1701HG "bowtie" router

I used one of those to try to share an internet connection. I lost my cable down to the basement and took my laptop down so it could pick up the wireless and then used the 2WIRE to connect to the basement PC. It worked but at a very slow speed and then quit. The internet quit and then even the file sharing quit.

I don't know why but I guess it is just not made to work that way and then when it finds out it is it just stops.

I have also tried multiple NICs in PCs with almost zero success. Everything reads right in device manager and all that, each one works but when it comes to using both of them at the same time **** happens.

Hey, I am not the worst. A supposed PC guy thought that you could plug two DSL MODEMs into the same phone line. He didn't work there long...

I've heard of people setting this up having all kinds of connections through one PC and all that, I just could never get it done.