Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hacking a laser tape measure

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 06:26:35 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 3:29:10 AM UTC-5, Mike Coon wrote:

BTW Does the bigger window have a lens to concentrate the flux onto the
same sensor?

Whatever the intent - this is a perfect example of running down the proverbial rabbit-hole. Even if entirely possible, the results are dubious and the utility of the equipment destroyed except as a curiosity.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

We don't know yet if the laser measure will work. Whether its utility
is destroyed or not. In fact, it seems to be working so far. I'm glad
he is posting his experiments.
Eric