Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Hacking a laser tape measure

In article ,
says...

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:24:57 AM UTC-8, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 6-3-2019 10:02, N_Cook wrote:
A neat cheap little 50m range (checked true) measurer... enlarge the 15mm
capture window to 150mm window....Accuracy would be worse but
decimeter resolution over 150m would be fine

return power on the detector will be 81 times less than it is right now,
(twice the square law), so I think you are out of luck.

You might consider using a retroreflective surface as your target (there's
corner-cubes, bike reflectors, or Scotchlite products available).

Perhaps that depends on whether the target being ranged is barely
intended to be aware of the red dot on forehead! (I have not been
reading all this thread...)

BTW Does the bigger window have a lens to concentrate the flux onto the
same sensor?

Mike.