Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hacking a laser tape measure

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 17:24:57 UTC, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 6-3-2019 10:02, N_Cook wrote:

A neat cheap little 50m range (checked true) measurer, would it be
possible to change the f crystal to hopefully f/3 or so and get 150m range.
Assuming (looks possible) to split send and receive and enlarge the 15mm
capture window to 150mm window.
Also assuming I can identify which is the crystal and is not integral
with the ASIC, not epoxied over anyway. Would the LCD likely become
unreadable at 1/3 the original drive f. Accuracy would be worse but
decimeter resolution over 150m would be fine

return power on the detector will be 81 times less than it is right now,
(twice the square law), so I think you are out of luck.

hence the larger window, 100x the area.

NT