Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Brother maintenance apps?

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 11:55:25 -0600, Ralph Phillips
wrote:

USUALLY - that's the Maintenance tab in the printer driver.

It's not immediately accessible in Windows 10, but if you go Win-R --
Control -- Devices and Printers -- Pick "printer Properties" from the
right-click menu, and check the "Maintenance" tab. (If there isn't one,
check all the tabs for a Maintenance button. I don't have a Brother, so
I can't verify here.)

RwP

The maintenance tab looks something like this:
http://support.brother.ca/euf/assets/images/answers/images/Windows/8600Printpre012.jpg
Doesn't seem to do much. I just checked the driver for my Brother
MFC-7860DW laser printer and the maintenance tab was missing. The tab
seems to be only for inkjet printers, not lasers, but I'm not sure.

I'll be dealing with a office full of various Brother printers (all
lasers) today, so I might be able to check if any of them have
maintenance tabs.

Useful link:
https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Brother_Printer

--