Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron D. Ron D. is offline

Default Brother maintenance apps?

HP is getting like everyone else. price is more important than quality. I own a HP P2015dn B&W laser printer and i like it a lot. It was only about $250.00 on sale.

I wanted networking and the "possibility" of a straight paper path which is has.
Once they discontinue the rollers and the toner your out of luck or you have to rely on aftermarket stuff. Forget answering questions about older stuff.

The firmware updates are no longer available. Most parts aren't either.

I have about 32,000 pages on the printer with a self done clean and replace rollers.

I also had to do the easy-bake oven repair on the printer where you bake the formatter in the oven for a while.

One change I would like and can probably do myself is to make the manual paper tray less fragile by incorporating a magnetic catch. If I used it more often, I would fix it.