Old March 4th 19, 05:55 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Phillips Ralph Phillips is offline

Default Brother maintenance apps?

On 3/3/2019 1:41 AM, Spare Change wrote:
The service manual for Brother HL-22xx (2240, 2250, 2270, etc.) printers says
there is a “maintenance device driver” (which, from documentation I’ve
seen, seems to be an app) for windows.

I’ve searched the ‘net but can’t find this--or other--service apps for
Brother.

Any pointers to any Brother service apps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

USUALLY - that's the Maintenance tab in the printer driver.

It's not immediately accessible in Windows 10, but if you go Win-R --
Control -- Devices and Printers -- Pick "printer Properties" from the
right-click menu, and check the "Maintenance" tab. (If there isn't one,
check all the tabs for a Maintenance button. I don't have a Brother, so
I can't verify here.)

RwP