Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Friday, 1 March 2019 19:35:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
This lab was build in the 1960s last electrical refurbishment was in the
mid 90s. But still never seen any dimmable florescant in the dept or
uni, there must be a reason.

Generally, florries in a lab are working lights. Why would you need to dim
them?

Because that's what the designers of the new lab said we need, you don't think they'll ask us users do you ?
I didnlt think we needed auto on lights in teh toilets either, or the taps which use PIR , which means yuo canlt adjust teh water temperature for yourself up or down or the lifts where you have to tell it what floor before you get in it and then wait for the lift that goes to that floor.
I wouldn't have spent the thousands on the smart AV lecture tables either.