Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lucifer[_6_] Lucifer[_6_] is offline

Default Bearcat BC855XLT Looses it's Memory Occasionally

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:08:32 -0500, wrote:

Hi,

My Bearcat BC855XLT looses it's memory once in a great
while. Note: I am a service technician.

Have you tried bending the pins to stop the memory
becoming loose?

I did NOT find (Google search) a schematic for this scanner.

This scanner has a "unique capacitor type memory back-up".

I would like to modify this scanner and use a battery back-up because
it is a HASSLE to reprogram the 50 channels.

Does anyone know where I can find (willing to buy it) schematic?

Or.....

Does anyone know where I can find the modification I want to make
to maintain memory?

Thank You in advance, John