Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default Scratchy volume control.

In message , Phil
Allison writes
John Robertson insane WD-40 HATER wrote:

There are a number of good professional spray products for fixing bad
volume controls. I use M G Products Nu-Trol and my customers are happy
with the results. Use a spray that is specifically for volume controls
as the composition of the sprays varies from ones for switches, etc..

** Same composition as WD-40 at *many times* the price.

Do NOT use WD-40!!!!!(and on!!! and on!!!)

John :-#)#

** Wot a bloody lunatic.

.... Phil

I feel that the horrors of WD40 are greatly exaggerated. Since I lost my
tube of 'the real thing' (about 40 years ago) I've occasionally used
WD40 as a switch and volume control cleaner - and I've never had a
problem with it.
--
Ian