Hamilton Audio

Default spirit snowthrower

I'm very surpirsed that a NEWSPAPER actually jammed a snowblower!!! man, my
old girl launches rocks and unsuspecting children 15 feet or more!! good
luck with that one!! I once picked up a shard of 2x4 and it jammed up
good....LOTS of sawing and f-ing around to get it out....

"GFRfan" wrote in message

I have a Spirit 8hp 2 stage snowthrower. Menards special. I think it
is an MTD but can't find any info on the MTD website. I picked up a
newspaper in it that was under the snow on my neighbors sidewalk. It
is now jammed between the second stage impellar and the feed chute.
What I need to know is how do I take the cowling loose so I can get
the impellars unjambed? Looks to me like I need to take the bolts out
of the ends of the auger and then I should be able to turn the cowl.
Any thoughts?

tia