Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Gtech V Dyson cordless?

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:00:36 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 00:13:56 +0000, T i m wrote:

Mum (88) is also considering a cordless cleaner but she needs
something for the stairs so would the Gtech Multi / AirRam combo be
better than the latest Dyson (Cyclone V10?) for her?

For something light and a lot cheaper for stairs there's a Vax where the
tubes can be removed and the powered head clipped onto the main unit.

Ok. I have a Vax carpet cleaner that seems to work pretty well so I'm
not against the brand suggestion.

The buttons are a bit 'heavy' to operate but, for a hundred quid, it could
be left in 'stairs mode'.

I would have to get Mum to try one if anything was considered 'heavy'
by a man! ;-)

These bagless vcs are high maintenace - windless day an a few minutes to
clean out

This Dyson V6 will dump most stuff out easily with the single base
'flap' and you can clean it easily a bit deeper by dropping the whole
container off.

then hours to recharge.

That is the / a drawback for sure, till they develop one that would
complete 'most situations' on a single charge.

Bloody convenient though.

And that's the point. After doing a deep clean on the entire flat and
leaving the Dyson to recharge again I found myself picking it up for a
'quick go-over' without having to bother about finding a free socket,
dealing with the cable (inc rewinding) or the weight / bulk of most
corded cleaners. When we have it here it's wall bracket / charging
point is tucked round the corner of our utility area and so is also
very easy to ensure is kept charged and where it will be. ;-)

BTW, I got fed up of the big, heavy, noisy, hot Nilfisk with its
plaster-removing hose

(LOL)

and looked at something easier to handle. Bought a
Miele C3 Complete one, £249 in Argos and £149 in Currys. OK, didn't want to
use Currys but all those beer tokens saved...!

I went Miele years ago because according to my sound meter, it was the
quietest one in the shop. ;-)

As an aside, Currys doesn't allow payment on line for 'click and collect' so
DSR don't apply, sneaky *******s!

Oh?

I'm still interested to hear from anyone who uses a Gtech. A couple of
'practical' mates say they had Dysons but now much prefer the Gtech
(upright cordless) because they work better and run longer?

Again, I wonder with these cordless cleaners we work faster or
'ration' the time we spend in each area on what we know the battery
will support (if the need is great enough etc).

Cheers, T i m