Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default WD-40, CRC 'Lectra-Clean, Liquid Wrench, and Kroil

In article ,
says...
he collar was stuck pretty good because there was damage to the knurl
from pliers. I tried various penetrating oil over the years and could
never get the collar to trurn. Then a few years ago I tried using some
Break Free on the thing. I wet the assembly in the evening and the
next morning I was able to turn the collar with just my fingers. Not
easily at first. But I was able to get the thing apart and it was
rust that washed out of the collar and off of the screw.
Eric

Waiting overnight or even 2 or so days making sure the part stay wet
often works very well. Many will spray the part and expect it to be
free in about 10 seconds.