Posted to uk.d-i-y
model builder model builder is offline

Default fischertechnic

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:42:23 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 12/02/2019 13:59, Bob Minchin wrote:
On 12/02/2019 12:22, model builder wrote:

Anyone aware of childrens building systems by them.* (Modern version
of Meccano
- but much better).

I'm interested if anyone knows anything about a relay: em10* with
details in
English.

Or any suggestion for a better group or other forum to ask in?

PS Not talking about plugs for walls ;-)

What do you want to know about it. the data sheet is fairly easy to
Interpret without any need for translation.

two pole changeover relay with 5v 150 ohm coil absolute max 14v drop out
voltage 1.5v
contact rating 40v dc 1amp non inductive
Inductive/AC rating 30VA 0.7a inductive

Anything else you need to know?

Here is the text OCRed and fed through translate:

Technical specifications:
Rated operating voltage: Max. Coil voltage: Coil resistance: Tightening
voltage: Waste voltage: Current consumption:
Max. Switching frequency: Kontaktbestuckung:
Per changeover contact max. Switching voltage: max. Switching current:
Max. Switching capacity: Mechanical life (switching cycles):
6-12 V =
14V-150fi
5 V ± 10%
1.5 V ± 10% approx. 40 mA at 6 V
50 / s
2 changeover contacts 40 V
1 A induction-free 0.7 A inductive 30 VA
about 2X108
Relay module RB Ij
Unlike the electronic relay module RB I in the ec 1 and hobby 4 modular
system, this module contains no amplifier. The RB II is in addition to
the additional pack em10 in ec3-, hobby3-, ut3- u. ut4 kit included.
The relay module RB II contains a DC flat relay with two changeover
contacts. As the diagram shows, in idle state ai is connected to a2 and
bi to b2. Attention! The RB II can not be directly controlled by the
outputs of the fischertechnik electronic components (basic module,
flip-flop, mono-flop, AND-NAND, OR-NOR, dyn. AND). To control a relay
with these components, the RB I with built-in amplifier should be used.
The relay module can be connected to the other fischertechnik electronic
components by means of tongue and groove. The laterally arranged contact
strips are used for looping through "+" and in electronic circuits. In
each case, a red intermediate plug must be inserted between the housing
of the electronic components. There is no direct connection of the "+"
and contact strips to the terminals of the built-in relay.
Circuit examples:
If a motor does not run smoothly after switching off but is shut down
quickly, as is the case with safety circuits, for example. B. is
required, so the motor must be additionally shorted when switching off.
The dotted line causes this shorting of the motor.

A frequently required type of circuit is the pole reversal circuit.
If the 2 changeover contact sets are connected by 2 connections
according to the following diagram, the electr. Consumer, in this case
the fischer technology engine, in each case reversed polarity.

Fischer-Werke • 7241 Tumlingen-Waldach Valley Printed in W.-Germany ?
Art. 6 39158 5 Changes reserved (1)

Excellent - many thanks.

Could you say exactly what you used to get that please?

I was interested in the use of the contact strips - there are 2 strips of metal
about 3mm wide down each of the four sides of the unit.

The laterally arranged contact
strips are used for looping through "+" and in electronic circuits. In
each case, a red intermediate plug must be inserted between the housing
of the electronic components. There is no direct connection of the "+"
and contact strips to the terminals of the built-in relay.

Must admit - I'm not much the wiser about them - I think that you can attach
other units to the relay box - and then electrically connect them in some way -
I am unsure why.