Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Herber[_2_] Paul Herber[_2_] is offline

Default Bodywork

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:13:20 +0000, soup wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Quite. So why are cyclists exempt from paying tax on that activity while
other road users ain't?

Same as these cars which don't pay anything either - they don't pollute enough.

Nice try - but taxing on pollution has entered the game rather late on.

At one time, cycling too and from work etc was restricted to only a few.
Mainly school kids.

It now seems to be a life style choice of many - and they are demanding
lots of alterations to roads specifically for cyclists. So in these days
of austerity - especially with most councils - why shouldn't they
contribute towards that?

What like drivers of motorised vehicles don't. I have told you Dave
just because you 'say' (or even imply something) over and over and...,
does not make it true.

Most cyclists are also car drivers.
In the groups I ride with only one is not a car driver.

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/