Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
No Name

Default 9v Batteries

On a sunny day (Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:34:22 -0800) it happened OGEE
wrote in :

Never had a serious problem with 9V batteries.

It is the AA and AAA DURACELL and KIRKLAND batteries that leak big time.

Same here, duracell leaked and destroyed my bike light,
never used KIRKLAND.

Still looking for reliable AA and AAA.

I use Eneloop.
No self-discharge.
Even in this mouse... eneloop AA.

Where I need 2 AAA I use 3V lifepo4 AAA and a dummy (short) AAA battery,
or 3V liion and short the other one.

The lifepo4 AAA already held out for more than a year in a wireless keyboard.
Those do not catch fire,
but be careful with 3V liion, when full it is a bit more volts
than 2 x 1.5 (4.2 max), and those CAN catch fire.
If the app has a bit bad caps....