Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Curling screed

On Thursday, 31 January 2019 20:53:31 UTC, Mathew Newton wrote:

He came up with two options: 1) Cut out the bad corners and re-screed them, or 2) remove the whole lot and redo it. We agreed that option 2 was probably better even if it is more work, althoughÂ*I did offer to assist with the removal.

The screeder came on Saturday to dig the old screed up; I helped him with it partly as I did feel sorry for him having to rip out his own work but also didn't want to let him loose with a breaker (my breaker I hasten to add!) so near to the new doors without supervision!

He came again today and put the new screed down:

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/newscreed.jpg

It's a modified sand and cement mixture so will be fast(er) drying and therefore less prone to issues. Time will tell!