Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default 9v Batteries

OGEE wrote:
Looking for less expensive 9v alkaline battery.

Please suggest best brands.

I usually buy eight or so at a time.

Forget Duracell as I have given up on Duracell and Kirkland, THEY LEAK
!!!Â*Â* Even just sitting in their original packaging many years before
their use by date.Â* These have ruined many devices.Â* And NO I am not
spending all my time removing and inserting batteries in all my devices.

I have totally dropped Duracell and Kirkland for all my AA and AAA
needs.Â*Â* Duracell and KirklandÂ* have Junk battery seals.Â* I have years
of experience using these batteries hoping they would fix the seals, but
no they just keep destroying my devices.

Amazon sells many brands but there is unfortunately no durability
comparison this or other products.

Try Dollar Tree, fifty cents each. For best battery results, ANY
brand, store in refrigerator crisper. Like new 1 yr later..