Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who makes RELIABLE modern electrolytic caps?

On Monday, 11 February 2019 15:43:50 UTC, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

All of the new "small modern" caps will out live you.

I would not sasy ALL. Remember the computer boards that had capacitors
on them that only lasted about a year ? A friend and I had to send back
several boards to one of the big computer board and part suppliers , but
that was about 20 yars ago.

You may say the quality capacitors will outlive most of us.

Even the big name companies have problems. I have some test get that I
bought surplus when the cell phones went from the 800 Meg to higher
frequencies. The $ 50,000 piece of gear had capacitors go bad in the
switching supplies. That was made around 1995 so they only lasted about
20 years.

I don't know how long they will last, but I just bought a lot of
capacitors from China off ebay. About a dozen of them are in use in my
equipment and have worked for the last 3 months. They may or may not go
out today. I would not put them in equipment that I was repairing for
anyone for money, but this isfor my hobby work.

I don't think you're understanding why they died.

NT