Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WD-40, CRC 'Lectra-Clean, Liquid Wrench, and Kroil

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-5, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 2/11/19 9:54 AM, wrote:
Apply lubricating cleaner to all rotary and sliding controls.
Apply Liquid Wrench to all shafts.
24 hours.
3 of 5 controls were free. Bass & Selector-switch still frozen, hard.
Apply Kroil. 12 hours. Re-apply Kroil.

Which is why I use Kroil and don't waste my time on other products.

Jeff:

Using Kroil as cleaner/rinse would be wildly expensive! And of all the Dynaco products, the SCA 35 and ST 35 are amongst the lease amenable to going through a dishwasher. Between the cloth-lead transformers with open bells and fish-paper insulation and other issues, the risk is just too great - or that would have been my first choice in this case.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA