Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Disposal of roofing felt

On 11/02/2019 13:22, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/02/2019 10:42, Harold Davis wrote:
This isn't strictly about DIY but here goes.

A contractor has quoted me a large figure for the job of replacing the
currently felt-covered flat roof over my garage and part of the house, to
include £1400 for disposal of the felt that will be removed before fibre
glass is put on.

I queried this figure and he said the felt is considered to be a
hazardous
material. It seems he's right, even if the attendance of teams of guys
wearing chemical warfare suits won't be required.

But £1400? The area is about 7 metres x 7 metres.

How can I make some sort of check on what the disposal costs will be?

Thanks,

Harry

Cobblers - it goes in the skip. Mine did.

He's ripping you off...

I wonder if they've priced it for ripping off asbestos roofing felt
that's in poor condition.

--
Robin