Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Engine run time to keep battery charged

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 2:14:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, 9 February 2019 20:26:12 UTC, John-Del wrote:
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 2:18:56 PM UTC-5, three_jeeps wrote:

Abstraction and pragmatism goes a long way and can save LOTS of time and energy: Run the car approximately every 10-14 days, for approximately 20-30 mins, while varying the rpm every so often but try to keep RPM a around 800-1000RPM to effectively charge the battery.

Pretty much the group consensus except for the two loons in particular that like to parse things to absurdity in the name of "discussion". I'm sure we all know to whom I'm referring.

the joys of groupthink.

junk snipped.

Ya know... Sometimes "Groupthink" is a result of multiple individuals having the same experience when faced with the same phenomenon and solving for the same problem. Which makes it "Good Procedure".

Madness, on the other hand, is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Or, when a desired result is achieved and understood, repeatedly applying flawed logic in order to change that result - you are a very clear and concise example of that process.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA